Monday, July 6

What's Your Therapy?

Everyone has some guilty pleasure they indulge in when things get a little slow or rough in life. You know, some binge eat. Others throw themselves into their work.

Currently, mine is retail therapy.

But it's weird how I do it! I hate buying clothes, except online. And sometimes, the mere search for something to buy makes me feel better. I tend to splurge on electronics, shoes, purses, or groceries. (Yeah I know, groceries is a weird thing to splurge on, doesn't it?)

For example, after a disappointing day at the mall (couldn't find anything that jumped out for a 4th of July outfit) I went and bought a new pair of shoes. Black heels, open toed, with a rhinestone buckle. Completely gorgeous!

But what use do I have for them?
Currently, none really. Which means that I could have waited on the purchase when it was necessary. But nooo! lol. I had to have them. I then went on to walk around the house for 30 minutes to make myself feel like I'd made a wise purchase.

I'm not talking down on anyone, myself included. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing something for yourself when you're down. However, it becomes a problem when it interrupts the normal functioning of your life.
So spending the cell phone bill money on a new outfit is not okay.
Eating junk food to the point of unhealthiness is not cool.
Or devoting your life to a gym to the point that you don't have time to work, go to school, or whatever....is not okay.

But there is nothing wrong with putting a little smile on your face. Your face deserves it! ahaha!

So live a little. Find a therapy. Just make sure it doesn't become an addiction.

So Talk to Shay: What's your therapy? What do you do when you're feeling a little stressed to get your happy face back?
And I really do love to hear from your guys! Leave a comment! And don't be afraid to follow me!

♥ Shay

No comments: