Monday, June 29

Those Who Are Patient --> Aren't Named Shay

Hello my blog loves:

sorry it's been a while since I checked in. I've been trying to update from my cell phone with the mobile thingy, but it wouldn't let me :-/ which had delayed me even more from posting.

So today, I really want to deal with this waiting game in life. Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I have NO patience for anything. But I have to bring up patience because it goes hand in hand with worrying less.

I've learned to lean on faith more than doubt lately. I realize that whenever it looked like a problem was to big for me to jump over, I made it. And whether you worry or you don't worry, time goes on and you get through it. So lately, I don't worry about not having a job, I don't worry about having a dead car, I don't worry about having money to get a new car, and I don't worry about all the friends and loved ones that aren't around anymore. Why? Because anything I need and most of the things I want will come when the time is right.

Alright....I accept that. But my question is always: when?!?

So you see, I don't worry about if things will happen. But I pace back and forth, check the calendar, speculate, and fantasize about the day when things will fall in place for me. Patience...people with patience and faith have a greater level of peace and joy than I can currently possess. People with patience really do only have to worry about the here and now.

With faith, you stop worrying how the past and present affect your future. And if you add patience, you stop worrying about how far your future is from your present. put those two together and voila! You can finally calm down and find some enjoyment in your life.

So for those of you with patience, I ask for you to share: How does one build their patience?

And for those of you like me who are lacking, let's see if we can try to figure out the answer ourselves.

Peace and love everyone!

and next post....hair updates!

3 comments:

Yan Tan said...

thank u sooooo much for stoppin by!!! n we can't wait to use coconut oil....we def might use it on our bodies...we keep hearing its good as well as for cooking.. ;-p

keep in touch!!!

**yantan**

K.T. Mosley said...

i wish i knew the answer im forever anxious about things in the near future

like right now im anxious/worrying bout when i graduate from grad skool!!

but lately i've been just learning to find things that are fun that occupy my time..ever heard the old saying time flies when your having fun

yea its tru!!!!

thats my best guess

love the blog!!

..::kt::..

.:.Simply Shay.:. said...

thanks for stopping by you guys!

and KT, you're right, when you have fun, time does fly...maybe i'm not having enough fun yet :-\

I'll have to work on that.

♥ Shay