Monday, September 21

La vie continue...

First off, apologies to those who take the time to read this blog. Sophomore year has fallen upon me, which means my free time is limited. But today I needed a place to put these thoughts. I've had friends who strongly discourage talking about my past relationships publicly, but my closest friends know that (as my dad reminded me last night) I do what I feel at the end.

I ran across some old conversations with my ex. And as I read it, I just kept thinking of the word naive. I was using it negatively though, as we tend to approach the word today. But naive doesn't have to be bad, does it?

Definition I found:
"marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience"

I'm okay with that. I don't think simplicity is bad. Simplicity has its place in our world. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure we could argue that MORE things in life should be more simple. And I agree that I, at least, lacked relationship experience at that point. But you can't get experience until you try, so I'm not mad about that either. None of this points to the conclusion that being naive is bad.

So now, I can look back and say, "Damn I was naive," and not feel these feelings of guilt like I did something wrong. Nothing was done wrong. We had good times in our naivety. And we were happy. Which is more than I can say about people who hang onto lost causes.

When did naivety end? When life got complicated. Love is vulnerable to complications. That's why you always have to keep it simple. Don't add too many variables, don't manipulate it too much. His life got complicated, mines got complicated. I added a complication or two, and he complicated his own share.

Either way...La vie continue...
Translation: Life goes on.



Next stop?
Nobody knows...
♥ Shay

1 comment:

22daydreamers said...

Adrianne, your love life somehow constantly reflects something going on in my life. i love that connectivity. in any case, you're absolutely right. this reminds me of my summer revelation about the word "baggage" and how we look at it like there's something wrong with it or its unavoidable. just like baggage, naivety is a part of life. it happens. it ends. you continue life. (btw, i like the phrase life continues rather than life goes--or moves--on b/c often its the moving on thing that we have a problem with. though whether WE move on or not, life continues. You look up and you're a year removed and things are so much different than you thought they would be. fyi, I'm only 2.5 months removed so I'm saying all this faith but I think you're def looking at it through the correct lenses. I hope the other sectors of your life are going swimmingly. we're getting closer and closer to catching up hehe.